Swan Class Reading Book Timetable
This term we have started looking at our Red Ditty books, which support children in blending sounds into words to form short, simple stories. I will not pretend they are the most exciting stories you could ever read, however they are excellent for supporting sounds previously taught in school and supporting children’s quick decoding of “Speedy Green Words” – words they should be familiar with from Reception and early Year 1. Reading other stories you have at home is strongly encouraged, either the children reading themselves or being read to by an adult.
Each learning cycle for a book lasts 3 school days, after which a Book Bag Book goes home. Listed below are the dates I intend to send out new books. Normally I would ask children to bring in their current books every day so we can hear readers, however at the moment this is not practical. Please can I ask that books are returned promptly on the days below, or after 3 days at home.
· Thursday 10th September – Red Ditty 1 – Pin it on.
· Tuesday 15th September – Red Ditty 2 – Got him.
· Friday 18th September – Red Ditty 3 – A cat in a pot.
· Wednesday 23rd September – Red Ditty 4 – Jam.
· Monday 28th September – Red Ditty 5 – Pick it up.
· Thursday 1st October – Red Ditty 6 – Wuff wuff.
· Tuesday 6th October – Red Ditty 7 – Let’s sing.
· Friday 9th October – Red Ditty 8 – Let’s swim.
· Wednesday – 14th October – Red Ditty 9 – Cluck.
· Monday – 19th October – Red Ditty 10 – In the mud.