Gagle Brook Primary School is hiring! We are looking for a full-time site manager to join our staff.
Located in Bicester, Oxfordshire, we are a pioneering carbon-zero, energy-efficient school that lies at the heart of its community.
About the Job
In the role of site manager, you will be a valued and dependable member of our estates/facilities management team with the responsibility of managing the school premises. You will need to ensure that high standards of cleanliness and maintenance are met and that our pupils enjoy a safe learning environment.
The role’s other responsibilities include:
- Securing the school premises.
- Opening and locking the premises.
- Ensuring a trained second key holder is available to cover any periods of absence.
- Setting security alarms.
- Responding to emergency calls.
- Redecorating and carrying out minor maintenance, such as plumbing, carpentry, drain unblocking, furniture repair, litter picking, gritting, sweeping, and light bulb changing.
- Collecting and assembling waste for collection.
- Receiving deliveries of goods and equipment.
The site manager will be required to work a split-shift pattern, covering mornings and afternoons. They will also need to be available outside of normal working hours.
To ensure the right person fills this important role, we have outlined a number of criteria that the successful candidate must satisfy. They should possess:
- Previous Handyman, Caretaker, or Facilities Management Experience
- A Working Knowledge of Moving and Handling Procedures
- The Abilities to Reprioritise Workload and Use Own Initiative
- GCSE Maths and English Grades C+ or Equivalent (Desirable)
- Basic-level IT Literacy (Desirable)
Working for The White Horse Federation
We understand that performing the role of site manager requires a lot of time and effort. As such, we believe that your hard work should be rewarded. As part of The White Horse Federation team, you will gain access to a variety of exciting benefits, including discounted gym memberships, an excellent pension scheme, and much more.
If you think you are up to the task of being the site manager at Gagle Brook Primary School, we would love to hear from you.
To read more about the role and submit your application, click here.