Our Vision Statement
At Gagle Brook we care about our learning, each other and the world around us.
As a values-based school, we have a simple vision: to create a school that reflects all that you would choose for your child. We believe every child should love learning and relish challenge and work positively and collaboratively with others to achieve their goals. The One Planet principles are interwoven into our curriculum so that your child leaves Gagle Brook appreciating and valuing the world they live in.
We want you to choose Gagle Brook Primary School because we offer:
- A school for children of the 21st century with quality always at its heart.
- An inviting and engaging learning environment – filled with ambition.
- Staff who will instil a lifelong love of learning and resilience in pupils.
- A culture where the school serves, and is an integral part of, the community.
- A governing body that commits to transparency and secures best value and clear accountability.
One Planet Principles
As a school, we use the 10 One Planet Principles as a benchmark for all our activities and work as part of the Bicester community to promote the idea that living sustainably should mean a better quality of life.
Our School Values
At Gagle Brook Primary School, we actively promote British values through our school vision, ethos, agreed rules, curriculum, and teaching. As such, we promote tolerance of, and respect for, people of all faiths (or those with no faith), cultures, and lifestyles.
We prepare children and young people positively for life in modern Britain by supporting them through our words, actions, and influence, not just within school, but also within the wider community.
Promoting Our Values
The government defines British values as:
- Rule of law.
- Individual liberty.
- Mutual respect.
- Tolerance of those of different faiths.
At Gagle Brook Primary School, we value the diverse ethnic backgrounds of all pupils and families and undertake a variety of events and lessons to celebrate these. We have found this approach to be enriching for all parties as it teaches tolerance and respect for the differences in our community and the wider world. We actively challenge children, staff, and parents expressing opinions contrary to fundamental British values, including ‘extremist’ views.
As part of The White Horse Federation, we passionately believe that by working together, the children are able to have a higher quality of education, and that as colleagues, we will also benefit from and reap the rewards of a values-based organisation where no one is left behind.
Our Core Purpose
At Gagle Brook Primary and Nursery School, our whole school
community accepts wholeheartedly these statements:
• The undeniable and obvious goal of any leader, teacher or
teaching assistant is to improve outcomes for every pupil.
• Pupils, in any class, learn because of what they do—the activities
they positively engage in, the tasks they complete, the problems
they solve and the relationships they build – as well as how
learning is modelled.
• In any class setting, pupil learning experiences and processes are
equally the result of the teacher’s/teaching assistant’s actions
and the children’s behaviour and attitudes: in the form of lessons,
instructional approaches, interactions, activities, assessments
• Therefore, pupil success is largely a result of positive,
collaboration of the whole school community.